Municipal Utilities is ready and willing to assist residents who need assistance turning their water back on once repairs are completed.
We're taking requests on a first-come, first-serve basis. Licensed plumbers may turn back on residential and business water once repairs have been made, though know there may be cases where valve damage has occurred and in those instances follow the directions below to request service.
We also understand current wait times for plumbers and repair people are long, so many individual customers making their own repairs. The City will follow the procedure below in restoring service on all accounts and as long as the repair has been made and no leaks are evident, water service can be restored.
If you need assistance turning the water back on at your property, please follow these steps:
1. Call Municipal Utilities 409-797-3630 and email@example.com to be added to the list. Requests will be handled in the order they are received.
2. Repairs must be completed before the request to turn back on water is made.
3. An owner or representative must be present when we arrive to turn the water back on.
4. If leak(s) are evident, the city will turn the water back off to avoid further damage and strains on the water supply.
5. If no leak(s) are evident, no further action is necessary.