The Galveston Fire Department is hiring! The Civil Service entrance exam will be held at Galveston Island Convention Center 5600 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, TX in room Galleon on Friday, September 18, 2020! Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. and the exam will start promptly at 9 a.m. Please wear a mask.
To apply, fill out an application here.
Here’s the information you need to know to answer the call to serve your community today:
- Make sure that you meet the minimum requirements before registering:
Requirements to become a firefighter are as follows:
- Must be 19 years of age and not have reached 36th birthday prior to employment.
- Must possess a Basic Structural Fire Protection certification issued by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection.
- Must possess a current Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Must Posses a high school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must have NO felony convictions
- Registration is available online using the form below.
- Keep the following things in mind for the exam
- The exam will be held September 18, 2020 at 9 a.m. at Galveston Island Convention Center 5600 Seawall Blvd., Galveston TX in room Galleon.
- Registered participants will need to arrive between 8:30 am and 9am to sign in. You will need to bring a copy of your photo ID.
- Candidates can plan for the test to take up to three hours.
- Those candidates who pass the test will be required to take a physical agility test. Please bring appropriate attire.
- If you have questions or would like a study guide for the exam please contact our Human Resources Department at 409.797.3650 and they can assist you.