Flood Risks and Floodplain Mapping
While the floodplain data that is shown on the map is the same, this map is not an official FEMA Digital Flood Insurance Rate Map (DFIRM). This Interactive Mapping Tool is not intended for insurance rating purposes and is for information only. The positional accuracy may be compromised in some areas. The map is not 100% accurate in locating your address. Please contact the City's floodplain administrator for more information or to view an official copy of the Flood Insurance Rate Maps.
Please see the FEMA Flood Map Service Center for access to download digital data that was used to prepare these interactive mapping tools. Type your address in the text box "Enter an address, place, or coordinates" to look up a flood map.
Compare the effective flood map that is currently in place for the island to the preliminary revised proposed flood map here: Effective and Preliminary Revised Floodmap Comparison.
Effective Flood Map (August 15, 2019)
Click or copy and paste the following link into your web browser: https://galveston.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=ef5190792f794b44a8bcb84b02ac4c7c
Contact a FEMA map specialist
Residents and property owners can contact a FEMA map specialist online or over the phone:
- To use the live chat service, visit http://go.usa.gov/r6C. Click on the “Live Chat” icon.
- To contact a FEMA Map Specialist, call 1-877-FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627) or send an email to FEMAMapSpecialist@riskmapcds.com
- BEG Shoreline Change Map - Interactive map prepared by the Bureau of Economic Geology that illustrates trends in shoreline change along the Texas Gulf Coast, from the 1930's to 2012. A link to the full report of the study can be found here (link).
- National Wetlands Inventory - Interactive map prepared by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service of wetland resources in the United States.
- National Storm Surge Hazards Maps - Depiction of possible storm surge flooding vulnerability along the U.S. coast, from Texas to Maine. Maps prepared by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Galveston's Bulwark Against the Sea - Report on the history of the Galveston Seawall, prepared by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1981.
These products are for informational purposes and may not have been prepared for or be suitable for legal, engineering, or surveying purposes. These maps and services do not represent an on-the-ground survey and represent only the approximate relative location of property boundaries.
The data presented on these pages is not legally binding on the City of Galveston or any of its departments. These maps and the associated data are representations ONLY and may contain errors in the databases. Therefore, the information presented on this map is for informational purposes only and should not be construed to be legally binding.