Public Works - Engineering Division

  1. Engineering

    Physical Address
    823 Rosenberg
    4th Floor, Suite 402
    Galveston, TX 77550

    Phone: 409-797-3644

Public Records Request

Citizens, contractors, and design professionals. All request to view maps must be submitted as an open records request through the City Secretary's office. To submit a request, please visit the Public Records Center or call 409-797-3510 for further information.

Bids & RFPs

Please visit the Purchasing webpage or call 409-797-3579 for further information.


What is the Right of Way?

The right of way (ROW) is the area owned and/or controlled by the City and typically includes the street surface, sidewalks, and grassy areas between pavement and property lines. It is important to note that NOT all right of way falls under City jurisdiction.

When do I need a ROW Permit?

When you are installing or repairing sidewalks, driveways, and culverts.

When do you need a Utility Permit?

When you are performing utility work in the City ROW, excavating, trenching, hand digging or bore in the City ROW, or conducting well/soil samples. 

When do I need a TLTU?

When you are placing a dumpster or pod in the ROW, having a block party, or temporarily blocking any section of the ROW. 

When can I get a Handicap Parking Zone Sign installed in from of my residential property?

When the applicant requesting for the Handicap Parking Zone sign provides, their handicap placard or vehicle registration showing handicap plates for the individual requesting, and a valid TX Driver's License or ID matching the address to requested location. 

Which permits require insurance and bond?

Insurance is required on all City of Galveston Utility Permits for the contractor who will be conducting the work on site. A bond (min. $10,000) is also needed for underground installations only. To calculate the total amount for the bond, multiply the total underground linear feet by $100. If your total is under $10,000, your bond will be for the required min. $10,0000. Bore, excavation, trench, and hand digging are underground linear footage used to determine bond amount.

Engineering Staff

Name Title Contact information
Daniel Christodoss City Engineer  409-797-3644
Leslie Alquicira Senior Assistant City Engineer 409-797-3644
Dilcia Jimenez Assistant City Engineer  409-797-3644
Anthony Smith  Engineering Technician 409-797-3643
David Frisbey Senior Survey Party Chief 409-797-3682
Baldemar Fuentes
Design Assistant
Melissa De La Rosa GIS Field Technician