In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, City Hall is currently not accepting walk-in customers.
Please be advised that Human Resources is operating with reduced staff. For immediate assistance, we encouragecurrent employees to email us at HR@GalvestonTx.Gov.
If you are checking the status of an application, please note that there is a hiring freeze for vacant civilian positions. If you have general questions, please email HR@GalvestonTX.Gov or check the City’s main website. Due to current status of operations, there may be a longer response time.
Welcome to the City of Galveston Human Resources Department. We strive to provide high quality service to all employees and members of the community.
The City of Galveston’s Human Resources Department serves the island’s citizens in many ways:
- Administer collective bargaining contracts and civil service program for police and fire
- Administer recruitment, labor relations, position classification system, grievances and appeals, counseling, and personnel policies and procedures
- Coordination of human resource utilization and management activities
- Ensure affirmative action is enforced in hiring, promotion, and all other areas of employment
- Maintain and develop policy to comply with new federal and state regulation
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Galveston is an equal opportunity employer and has an affirmative action plan.
All education certificates will be verified.
Kent EtienneHuman Resources & Civil Service Director
Mareia Schreiber, JDAssistant Director of Human Resources
Maritza CabreraHuman Resources Specialist
Christy ShinnHuman Resources Specialist
Danielle ClevalleSenior Administrative Assistant
Charlotte DavisHR Analyst (Payroll)