Boards & Commissions
The City of Galveston is fortunate to have a large number of citizens who are willing to volunteer their time, energy, and expertise to serve the community as members of our various boards and committees.
The City is currently accepting applications for appointments to the following boards:
- Airport Advisory Committee
- Animal Services Advisory Board
- Arts & Historic Preservation Advisory Board
- Building Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Commission for the Arts
- Families, Children and Youth Board
- Finance and Fiscal Affairs Committee
- Galveston Wharves Board
- Landmark Commission
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Planning Commission
- Tree Committee
- Zoning Board of Adjustments
Interested in applying?
Visit our "Online Forms" module to download the application here.
Submit completed applications:
- By email to the City Secretary
- By mail to PO Box 779, Galveston TX 77550
- In person to 823 Rosenberg, Room 201, Galveston TX 77550
- By fax to 409-242-2137
For more information about applying for a board or committee, contact the City Secretary's office at 409-797-3510.
Janelle WilliamsCity SecretaryPhone: 409-797-3510
Nellie De La FuenteAssistant City Secretary
Luis BarreraRecords Management Specialist
Rose D'AmbraAdministrative Assistant
Galveston, TX 77553