Contractors & Engineers

* Please be aware that it is your responsibility, as the contractor, to call for all required inspections. *

Types of Contractors

  • Electrical Contractors
  • General Contractors
  • Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Contractors and Energy Technicians

Click here for a list of active contractors (under General Information).


To register with the City of Galveston, you will need the following:

  • $200 fee to register.
  • Annual fee of $25 and current insurance and bonding information must be current at this time.
  • Liability insurance with the minimum of $300,000 showing the City of Galveston as an additional insured and certificate holder.
  • Surety bonds, minimum of $25,000, is a permitting/general contracting bond. Bonds must be original.
  • Building and electrical contractors are required to have a surety bond with the obligee being "City of Galveston or assignee."
  • HVAC contractors do not require a Surety Bond to register with the City of Galveston.
  • Energy Technicians are required to register with the City of Galveston. There is a separate document for Energy Technician registration which can found below.



  • Engineering is required on all structural projects within the City of Galveston.
  • While we recommend that you use someone from Galveston County due to their familiarity with the area, you are free to use whomever you want.

Click here to view a list of engineers.